Use of our Website
References to “we”, “us” or “our” throughout www.cooksinnovations.com (“the website”) are to Cooks Innovations, Inc.
Privacy and Security Policy
What information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
• Personal Information You Provide – We may collect information necessary to contact you later. If we collect personal information (as described below), you may later access and modify it, and remove it from our system. You may also choose simply not to provide your personal information at the point of collection. When you enter your personal information on cooksinnovations.com websites, you are providing User Data. User Data may include first name, last name, a home or other physical mailing address, a telephone number, or other “real world” contact information, plus other information voluntarily selected by a User that is collected from the User and is maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described above. User Data may be collected on the main registration page as well as any subsequent pages. For certain Services, cooksinnovations.com may give you the opportunity to opt out of providing any such information.
• IP Addresses – cooksinnovations.com uses your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our websites. IP addresses are recorded so that we can offer the best possible customer service to you at all times.
• Personal Email Address – We may request your email address, or other information needed to contact you online. cooksinnovations.com uses your email address to complete, support and analyze your purchases from cooksinnovations.com websites and use of cooksinnovations.com websites, and to comply with any applicable laws, rules and regulations. We use it to respond to any questions you might have and to provide you with information about promotions or special offers occurring on cooksinnovations.com websites if you have chosen to participate in this Service. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the analysis and support of your use of cooksinnovations.com websites.
• Log information – When you use cooksinnovations.com services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• User communications – When you send email or other communication to cooksinnovations.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
• Affiliated sites – We offer some of our Services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to an affiliated site (including third party marketing partners or advertising companies) in order to deliver the Service.
• Links – cooksinnovations.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
• Clickstream Data – As you browse CooksInnovations.com we may gather navigational and clickstream data that shows what pages are visited and how long various features are used. This information will not reveal your identity or be linked to you personally. We use this information to complete, analyze and support your purchases from the cooksinnovations.com websites and use of the cooksinnovations.com websites to comply with any requirements of law and to determine the commissions for our affiliates.
• Promotions and Sweepstakes Registration Information – By entering a sweepstakes or other promotions on cooksinnovations.com websites, you are agreeing to provide registration information to cooksinnovations.com. As condition to eligibility for the promotions and sweepstakes, each User acknowledges and hereby authorizes cooksinnovations.com to sell, distribute or share such information with any third party marketing partners on the subsequent data survey pages, promotions and sweepstakes confirmation pages or in later email offers delivered on cooksinnovations.com websites. All User Data that is submitted in connection with a product or service purchase or with a program or promotion enrollment shall become the property of cooksinnovations.com and may be used by cooksinnovations.com in the future for marketing or other purposes. If you take advantage of marketing opportunities offered by one or more of cooksinnovations.com third party marketing partners, your User Data will also become the property of such third party marketing partner and we recommend that you review each of the marketing partners’ privacy policies to understand how they treat such information.
• Other Information – In addition to the other information described above, we may collect information actively generated by the purchase of a product or service, such as a payment method. The cooksinnovations.com websites use an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information (email address) and financial information (account). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. We use this information to process your order and analyze and support your use of cooksinnovations.com websites. For certain Services, we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other cooksinnovations.com Services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Services.
Additional Uses of Information
We use the collected information described above to complete, support and analyze your purchases from cooksinnovations.com websites, use of cooksinnovations.com websites, for other internal purposes and to comply with any requirements of all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, this information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the analysis and support of your use of CooksInnovations.com. Certain information (excluding credit card account) will also be sold, exchanged or otherwise disclosed to third parties, at the discretion of cooksinnovations.com, including without limitation third party marketing firms and third party affiliates to be used for direct target marketing to you (via mail, email or otherwise). You hereby authorize cooksinnovations.com to sell, exchange or distribute all or a portion of your personal information with or to third parties for their use in direct target marketing to you.
As mentioned above, cooksinnovations.com websites allows each User the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. The websites allow Users to remove themselves from our distribution list to cease receiving future communications and to no longer receive our Services. If you would like to opt out at any time from receiving e-mail messages and other communications from cooksinnovations.com websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our address.
Certain Exceptions to Non-Disclosure
If cooksinnovations.com is ever involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, , we may sell the information you provide to us on the cooksinnovations.com websites to a third party or share your personal information with the company we merge with.
How do we protect information we collect and maintain?
We offer secure web pages to collect certain kinds of User information and we store certain kinds of data in encrypted form. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. These measures include internal reviews of our collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information. The cooksinnovations.com website servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with modern browsers, so that only cooksinnovations.com can read a customer’s personal information in the possession of cooksinnovations.com.
How long do we keep User information?
We generally keep User Data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely. Data management requests are administered in an orderly manner to the extent feasible and within our direct control. We have greater control over recently collected data than for archived data. Once data is removed from the system and archived, it may not be feasible to accommodate specific requests. In those cases, our general data retention policy applies.